One of the great friends of success called discipline. Unfortunately, as many or almost all aspects exist in duality, one of their greatest enemies called procrastination or postponement, which is to leave things for later or later with some false pretext. Either that we do not have time, or it is not the moment or the false belief that we will really do it later, when by generalizable norm, what postponed, for a good procrastinator, ends up not done. In addition, it happens that everything that interferes, because we do not know how to avoid procrastination and laziness and force it to do something useful.
There may be people who, when they think about it, conclude that they were born with this so-called problem since sometimes it can become a serious problem, some would say that it is chronic or pathological. However, you have to agree and although many psychologists also say, the procrastinator is done; In fact, nobody is born knowing anything, we are like blank pages or canvas, ready to learn all the information we receive.
People who usually postpone actions over time usually have a problem of self-control, self-regulation or, if you prefer, a lack of commitment internally.
Some professionals would say that they develop problems of concentration (I think it is better to analyze case by case), because they postpone things due to lack of time, main excuse, although they are active searchers of distractions to avoid/delay doing the tasks in which they are have committed to themselves or others.
The unfortunate thing about this is that they often do not achieve many of the goals they set themselves (self-convincing themselves that it is difficult), with which they tend to have a lower threshold of happiness. Since they know they do not do what they say they want, they should, they thought to do to get what they wanted to get.
It is true that there are many causes. Although there may be more, then I bring 3 reasons:
1. We want to have an immediate reward
Postponing has no instant negative consequences (although in the future they realize the price) by the time; they think that everything is fine.
For example, Resting in the armchair is more comfortable at this time than going out to exercise. Reviewing email is easier now than doing that project you have been postponing. Eating cake or any processed carbohydrate is tastier now than mixing foods in a healthier and more efficient way to the body.
2. We value our productivity in the future
We think it’s okay to postpone things because we will do it later, without any excuse. They think or firmly believe that the perfect moment will be after, not now. However, when that future arrives, they still cannot finish or, worse, fail to start.
3. We are afraid
This may be the most hidden reason of all. Fear paralyzes and procrastinates an important task or activity, making something simple and secure in its place.
Fear is a constant, but accepting it and mastering it makes you stronger. If you are afraid to fall, you fall because you are afraid. Everything is in your choice. Face your fears and you will rise stronger.
In the digital age, electronic devices often distract us from our tasks and prevent us from completing them on time. Procrastinating has become a widely used term. However, what is it really? By definition, the act of procrastinating is to postpone activities or situations that must be addressed, replacing them with other more irrelevant or pleasant situations. We all procrastinate some time but the most productive people carry out a process to avoid it. They strive to find out the cause and understand why they procrastinate, carry out strategies to get them to break with procrastination, and thus avoid procrastinating. Here are some of these strategies.
With the right strategies, you can take the reins of your state of mind and fulfill your tasks in due time. The strategies we tell you will help you achieve this.
1. Discover the motive
The motive of procrastination, according to Joseph Ferrari, professor of psychology at the University of Vincent de Paul in Chicago, is the negative emotion. If you notice that you are postponing a task, reflect on it and find out why you procrastinate.
2. Eliminate Obstacles
Before starting a task, take a few minutes to develop a plan to make sure you are not going to postpone it. By planning, you can stay focused on reaching your goal and avoid procrastination.
3. Fix short-term goals
Sometimes setting big goals is an obstacle to achieving them, so divide the goal into small tasks. In this way, it will be easier to go be focused on them and stay focused.
4. Improve the work environment
Working in an adverse environment can push you to procrastinate. It is very helpful to be disciplined about the environment in which you work.
5. Be Realistic
Setting unrealistic goals can create negative emotions that lead to postponement of tasks. Setting realistic and achievable goals makes it easier to maintain a positive mood.
6. View the results
Although the process to reach your goals is hard and difficult, the results are worth it. View the results before and during the process. In this way, you will be less likely to fall into negative emotions.
7. Celebrate when you reach the goals
To refrain from procrastinating, it is advisable to celebrate the achievement of the small goals. You can interleave easier tasks with more complicated tasks. This will make it easier to gain self-confidence and gain momentum to face the big challenges.
8. Avoid distractions
This means moving away from electronic devices (television, smartphone, tablet, and computer), friends, family and noisy places. In short, any element that can divert our attention.
You, like most other people, sometimes do you feel like you do not want anything at all? Laziness envelops her soft veil, which she did not want to let us out of her tenacious reach. This may be a momentary sensation, and perhaps the usual state. We may feel vague about certain specific activities, which we did not like very much; while for some other things we gladly do.
The only thing we can say about laziness. This condition is due to a lack of energy and leading to a lack of desire. Sometimes laziness can be caused by external conditions – such as the weather, either too hot or too cold – and sometimes appears and internal reasons – such as lack of motivation, a penchant for procrastination or fear of work, which Seems excessive.
In addition, sometimes we would even like to be lazy. It is very nice to soak with a book under a warm blanket on a rainy Saturday night! A bath in the shade by the river on a hot summer day – unless it is possible to deny such pleasure? However, life often forces us to overcome an exciting sense of laziness. Most people deal with it. In addition, how is this the case with you? Do you feel that it prevents you from being active, and gradually you become your bad habit, which changes life for the worse?
Nothing can be achieved if the permanent permit I am being lazy and making no effort to overcome lethargy and apathy. Success requires initiative and the ability to use all its possibilities. He likes active passive people, and he does not. Therefore, it is important to learn how to cope and overcome the lazy habit to any kind of delays. We are willing to give you some tips on how to overcome laziness, to change some of your old habits and develop new features.
• Break a big task into smaller parts of work. Quite often, we avoid doing any business just because they encounter the task too great, literally, overwhelming us; the job seems too tedious and capable of taking too much time. However, if you divide the main task into several more easily attainable goals, then the problem does not seem so difficult. On the other hand, a very heavy work that seems to us a series of small tasks, whose fulfillment would not require so much effort? This approach can be applied to completely different tasks; as a rule, it is fine to deal with laziness and internal resistance, all of which we so often experience.
• Observe the working and rest mode. In some cases, laziness is due to lack of energy needed for work, which is the result of fatigue. If it is – just you, then you need to have both sleep and rest as needed to restore your health. Also, make sure your body gets enough fresh air and exercise.
• Maintain your own motivation. In some cases, it is their absence causes laziness. You can reinforce your motivation by using affirmations, visualizations, and thoughts about the importance of carrying out your work, or boring work in order to achieve your ultimate goal.
• Keep the vision of what you want to be and what you want to achieve. We often reflect on this, we clearly see our goals and our desire to reach them becomes stronger. It will motivate us to action and will help us to overcome laziness.
• Think about the benefits you get, if you overcome your laziness, start acting, and take action to deal with the difficulties, instead of being afraid of encountering obstacles.
• Think about the possible consequences of your laziness. What will happen if she is given to her and does not perform work, even routine, but is it necessary? If you imagine all the problems that may fall on your head, because of the temptation to spend some time in complete relaxation, the image drawn by your imagination will push you into action.
• By “approach” one to do one thing. Dealing with a thing much easier than just a few, and then trying to let laziness overcome you – you do not have to overcome it!
• Your imagination is able to provide a very strong impact on your views, habits, and actions. So, it’s not just the hassle that you may seem to be lazy because of your habits. Visualize and succeed: imagine how easily and quickly you handle the task with enthusiasm and the energy that will work on it. To do this, whenever you before you start work and when laziness begins to whisper in your ear, you have abandoned the next case.
• Repeat affirmations every morning and every time you take for any business. Tell yourself “I can reach my goal” “I have a lot of energy to act, and do everything I have conceived”, “Action makes me much stronger”, “When I am right I commit, always everything I do it until the end.”
• Each of your tasks considered as another exercise that helps you strengthen your will to resist and laziness. The solution to each problem becomes even stronger, more determined and firm.
• Avoid procrastination and delaying time, because it is – a form of laziness. If there is something, you have to do, then why not do it now.
• Learn from successful people, talk to them and see how they act. Surely, you will realize immediately that these people never have time to wait to rest. That is why you are constantly and succeed!
Call on the help of your imagination and imagine that you are doing the work to be done that usually you especially want to throw everything and enjoy laziness. Imagine that this time they got to work with all the enthusiasm and energy they are capable of doing. Perhaps you feel the internal resistance caused by the subconscious non-belief of this idyll. However, you will continue to visualize and think about how the interests and affection you are doing this work. Draw in the imagination of the completion of the image and feel the satisfaction that is experienced in reality, doing everything necessary.
Make a list of things you need to do. Put them from simple to more complex and start applying them at this time. It starts with light cases to avoid excessive internal pressure. Congratulate yourself on the performance of a single case, cross out the task from the list and go to the next step. Slowly, each time to perform all the tasks in front of you, you get used to being the executive.
They regularly assigned themselves to carry out tasks that they always hated. Give – and immediately, proceed to its application. Consider this problem as an exercise that strengthens you in the struggle against laziness.
Habits of laziness Overcoming is achieved through a series of daily activities and exercises that encourage us to act and do not remain passive. Whenever we overcome our laziness, we become stronger. Every time we decide to act, we increase our ability to win, achieve goals and improve your life!